I love baking with bananas! They keep muffins and cakes moist and add plenty of flavour to whatever you are making.
They can be used as an egg substitute in baking, which is great news for babies with egg allergies (or for when you simply run out of eggs).
Choose extra ripe (black skinned) bananas and you will really sweeten up a recipe without adding any refined sugars.
Bananas are a good source of vitamin C, potassium, dietary fibre and folate, and are an excellent source of vitamin B6. They are a fantastic healthy toddler snack all on their own - not only are they nutritious, they are quick and easy to just grab and go.
Baking with bananas can be quick and easy too - these 10 healthy recipes are super simple and use just a few basic ingredients. So break out the black bananas and bake up some healthy snacks for your toddlers!
1. These Avocado banana muffins are moist, packed with flavour, and very easy to make. Make up a batch and pop some in the freezer. Reheat them as you need them for a quick and healthy toddler snack.
2. Banana Pocket Puffs are a great toddler snack, they are easy to make and taste great.
3. These healthy four ingredient Flourless Choc Nut Mini Muffins have a deliciously rich fudge-like texture. They are also gluten free and egg free.
4. Bake up a quick batch of these cute little Banana Berry Buttons for your toddler. They are easy to make, and there is just something about the banana berry combo that's just amazing.
5. These simple Peanut Butter Mini Muffins are simple, healthy and delicious. Banana and peanut butter are one of my all time favourite flavour combos! Try them out for a quick and healthy toddler snack.
6. Wholemeal Banana Biscuits are very simple to make and are a fantastic healthy alternative to store-bought biscuits.
7. You won't believe how incredible this easy Banana Cream Mini Sponge Cake is. The cake is made using just four basic ingredients, and it tastes unbelievable with or without the delicious banana cream filling. This one makes a great toddler dessert without any added refined sugars.
8. These four ingredient Banana Watermelon Mini Muffins are so easy to make, and i bet your toddler will just love them!
9. This delicious egg-free Banana, Zucchini and Walnut Loaf is made using just 5 ingredients. It's kept moist by banana and greek yoghurt, and tastes amazing.
10. These light Banana Avocado Puffs are a fantastic way to serve nutritious avocado to your toddler.