It's almost inevitable for toddlers to go through an anti-vegetable stage. Some toddlers refuse them from day one, others go through fussy periods here and there.
It's very important to continue putting vegetables on your toddler's plate, even during their most fussy stages. This gives them ongoing opportunities to try the veggies, as well as teaches them what a healthy, well balanced diet is made up of.
But what do we do when our little ones refuse to eat even one bite of veggies for days, weeks, months? We get sneaky and hide them in everything we possibly can! ...Then we hope it doesn't get flung directly on the floor as soon as they spot a slight hint of green.
I hope you find this collection of recipes helpful, and get some fresh ideas for sneaking vegetables into your toddler's diet.
1. These tasty little Broccoli Burgers are packed with nutrients and a whole lotta flavour!
2. Butternut Creamed Rice is so simple to make, has just three ingredients, and tastes amazing!
3. These Basic Sweet Potato Biscuits have a very similar taste to pumpkin scones. They are delicious served hot with a bit of butter.
4. Itty Bitty Broccoli Bites have the incredible flavour combo of broccoli and cheese, with some zucchini thrown in as well for good measure.
5. Preparing these tasty Apple Carrot Pancakes is super simple, all you need to do is finely grate the raw carrot and apple straight into the pancake batter!
6. These Spinach Cream Cheese Balls are an excellent chilled snack for toddlers.
7. These Pumpkin, Carrot and Sultana Mini Muffins are very moist, as they are packed with mashed pumpkin, carrot and greek yoghurt. They smell amazing in the oven, your kids won't be able to resist them!
8. These cute little Rice and Veggie Bites are packed with vegetables, topped with cheese, and baked until golden and crispy.
9. This Banana, Zucchini and Walnut Loaf is sweetened with banana, kept moist with greek yoghurt, and has a sneaky serving of zucchini tossed in as well.
10. Try out these delicious Spinach and Zucchini Breakfast Fingers for an easy and healthy make-ahead breakfast to store in the fridge.
11. These Broccoli and Cheese Wholemeal Biscuits came to the rescue when my (then) two year old went through a serious anti-vegetable stage. His love for biscuits of all kinds meant I was making lots of sneaky vegetable biscuits.
12. These yummy little Apple Carrot Mini Muffins have a hidden serving of carrot thrown in. They are very easy to make, simply grate raw carrot right into the mixture!
13. Pizza Toast is always a hit at our house. It doesn't seem to matter how many vegetables I sneak in, they are always gobbled right up.
14. Zucchini Wholemeal Pizza Scrolls are just amazing! The dough contains greek yoghurt and is very easy to make.
15. You've got to try out these incredible Healthy Baked Beans! You will probably never want to buy canned baked beans again. They are very easy to make and contain a sneaky serving of carrot. You can easily add in any other vegetables you like, just grate them up and add them in with the carrot.
16. Spinach and Cheese Wholemeal Pancakes are a deliciously healthy breakfast or lunch option.
17. Bake up some of this tasty Bacon and Veggie Basic Breakfast Loaf, slice it, and freeze it for a quick and easy breakfast, lunch or snack. It's packed with vegetables and tastes amazing!
18. You and your toddler will fall in love with these incredible Mini Zucchini Quiches!
19. Overnight oats are simply amazing. Try out these delicious Carrot Pineapple Overnight Oats for your little one.
20. Cheese and carrot is an awesome combo! Try out a new way of serving it to your toddler with these tasty Cheese and Carrot Balls
21. These easy Zucchini Puffs are so simple and taste incredible.
22. These tasty Baked Pumpkin Drops are super simple and contain just two ingredients.
23. You'd better make a triple batch of these Parmesan Zucchini Crisps, because the whole family is going to love them!
24. This veggie packed Breakfast Loaf is a fantastic (and delicious) way of serving lots of veggies to your toddler.
25. These basic Carrot and Cheese Sticks are so simple to make and were a huge hit at our house.
26. Try out these nutritious Spinach and Cheese Mini Muffins as a healthy savory snack for your little one.
27. Veggie Pancakes - simply grate, mix and fry!
28. This delicious Cheesy Veggie Pasta Sauce is made up almost entirely of vegetables! This one also doubles as a healthy dipping sauce.
Do you have any creative ideas for sneaking vegetables into your little ones diet? Let us know in the comments below.